Mount Gravatt State School is committed to a clever, creative and caring community.
- problem solving - creative thinking to solve social, academic and life problems
- self-motivated learning with independent thinking
- embracing diversity
- varied and challenging learning opportunities
- excellence - "Nothing but the Best"
- opportunities for success
- happy and engaged learners
- positive relationships
- consistency of practice
- safe, responsible and respectful behaviours
- academic rigour.
Our focus on school improvement is high, with reading having been the improvement agenda for the past few years, to ensure students evaluate texts to think critically and demonstrate deep comprehension. In 2020 we continue to work on Writing as our improvement agenda, with a strong focus on the precise skills students need, along with the creativity we want to flourish in our school.
We offer a small school approach, with a friendly atmosphere and a relentless focus on improvement and success for all. Staff know all students and the leadership team can confidently know all students are making the best progress possible.
We are futures focused, with new ideas to stimulate learning being trialled and a commitment to innovation and to high expectations.